Bingwi Neyaashi Anishinaabek believes that through the development of economic development initiatives and projects both on and off-reserve, we will be able to create opportunities that will lead to the employment of BNA members, and generate revenue in order to continue to build our reserve lands. BNA has, and participates on, several internal and external economic development corporations which also manage large development projects in the works. These include:
- Papasay Management LP for BNA’s partnerships;
- Wawasum Group LP for BNA’s 50/50 partnership with AZA on the proposed pellet plant project;
- Waaskiinaysay Ziibi Inc., along with AZA, BZA, RRIB and WSFN for the development of the east-of-Lake Nipigon transmission line project;
- Lake Nipigon Forest Management Inc., along with AZA, BZA and RRIB, to manage the Lake Nipigon Forest;
- Waaskinaysay Energy Ltd., along with AZA and BZA for the Namewaminikan Hydroelectric Project.
BNA also works with the Nokiiwin Tribal Council on joint initiatives with its member communities, and Anishinabek Employment and Training Services in order to ensure members have the training supports that they require. BNA is also actively working with the mining companies in the region to ensure that we benefit from any future developments.